SeaLink 3840 Recording System
The Seamap SeaLink 3840 Recording System was developed to acquire and record large quantities of data in real-time as either a portable or fixed installation onboard a marine seismic vessel. The SeaLink 3840 is excellent for 2D, 3D, High Resolution, and Ultra High Resolution data recording utilising multiple streamers for seismic surveys.
The SeaLink 3840 Recording System collects 2D and 3D data via the internal Data Array Interface (DAI) cards. The (DAI) integrates perfectly with the SeaLink Solid Streamer and SeaLink 24 Digital Module. The workstation can manage one to eight streamers per SeaLink 3840 unit. The DAI was designed to expand the SeaLink 3840’s capability for sampling up to 3,840 channels at 2mS sample rate (per array) of seismic data. SeaLink supports sample rates of ⅛, ¼, ½, 1, 2, and 4ms, adjacent channel summing and continuous recording. The DAI / COMM card are the only custom parts needed to interface with the SeaLink 3840. It exceeds all current wet-end capabilities that are available in today’s market.
The SeaLink 3840 utilizes off the shelf technology and supporting software for the workstation. The system includes two Giga-Bit Ethernet ports to facilitate large data transfer with Ethernet plotters and 3rd party QC programs. Upgrades and replacement parts are easily accessible throughout the world. End users can quickly learn to operate the SeaLink system.
The SeaLink architecture allows for future expansion and growth as technology evolves at increasing speeds. Seamap is committed to be on the cutting edge of the latest technology.
Integrated Data Storage Devices – Tape, NAS Drive or other customer specified
- High Channel Capacity (1,920 Channels, Option up to 3,840 Channels)
- Manages up to 8 Arrays Per Workstation with two DAI’s
- Manage up to 8 Lead-In’s in UHR3D Configurations. Up to 32 Arrays at 120 Channels Each
- Off The Shelf Technology (Increased System Reliability)
- Efficient Memory (Dynamically Allocated Memory Buffers)
- Virtually Zero “Dead Time” (Continuous Recording)
- Sample Rates of ⅛, ¼, ½, 1, 2, and 4mS
- Adjacent Channel Summing
- Online and Offline Quality Control
- Built-in Array Simulator and Test Pattern Generator
- Seismic Data Saved to Hard Drive, LAN, or SCSI Device
- Optional Hot Swappable RAID
- Marine Seismic 2D / 3D / 4D & UHR3D Seismic
- High Resolution Seismic
- Ultra High Resolution Seismic
- Channel Summing via the SeaLink™ System
- Ocean Bottom Cable
- Reservoir Monitoring
- Custom Adaptable
*Other marine applications are available with the SeaLink 3840 and may require some modifications.